8/30/2014

Late work: yes or no?

Grading late work out of sequence takes up an unbelievable amount of time. I found that students will take advantage of liberal late policies so over the past few semesters, my late policy has become more and more strict. I researched hundreds of late policies for online courses and found that 95% of instructors have strict late policies that provide very strong incentive to turn in work on time. So in my classes, unexcused late work more than 4 days out from a due date is not accepted. No late work at all is accepted at any time during the last two weeks of the course. Of course, none of this applies in the case of extenuating circumstances. Technology problems are not considered to be extenuating circumstances in my classes. What's your late policy?

Online Teaching for Adjunct Faculty: How to Manage Workload, Students, and Multiple Schools 


No comments:

Post a Comment